Boudicca Blank Inside Card with Envelope:
A really lovely card of Boudicca…it’s a beautiful piece of art work which could be popped in a frame… and it’s a greeting card … blank inside for your own personal message… comes with envelope.
Postage paid within Canada only: USA & International extra
Got a question about this item? Please email us for details @ firstname.lastname@example.org or SGC2madeincanadausa@hotmail.com
Boudicca was the Celtic Queen of the Iceni tribe of modern-day East Anglia,Britain, who led a revolt against Rome in 60/61 CE.
- The Iceni King, Prasutagus, an independent ally of Rome, divided his estate between his daughters and King Neroof Rome.
- When Prasutagus died, however, his lands were taken by Rome and the Iceni lost their status as allies. When his wife,
- Boudicca, objected to this action she was flogged and her two daughters raped. She mounted a revolt against Rome which
- left the ancient Roman cities of Camulodunum, Londinium and Verulamium in ruins and over 80,000 Roman citizens of
- Britain dead. She was defeated at the Battle of Watling Street by the Roman Governor Gaius Suetonius Paulinus chiefly by
- his judicious choice of battlefield and allowing her army to cut off its own escape route by encircling their rear with their
- wagons, animals and families. Boudicca is said to have committed suicide by poisoning herself after her defeat.
- Click here to continue reading